Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Yamaha PHAZER GT
The lightweight, all-day trail cruiser.
- Ultra light, ultra rigid FX™ chassis: The Phazer GT is built on the FX Chassis. It features lightweight, rigid CF diecast member and chromoly tube construction. The FX Chassis was engineered specifically to house the Sport Performance engine and incorporates that engine package in its overall balance dynamic. The FX Chassis is also the backbone for the sport rider-forward position on the Phazer GT.
- Sport rider-forward position: The Phazer GT takes many of its cues from other off-road motorsports, including its sport rider-forward positioning. It has a tall, narrow seat and tall, forward handlebars like the popular YZ® dirtbike. It puts the rider in a pure sport posture, without being overly aggressive. The sport rider-forward position also locates the mass of the rider right at the balance point for the sled, aiding its incredible handling.
- Double wishbone front suspension: The FX Chassis uses a specifically engineered front suspension package to accommodate its unique weight distribution and handling needs. Because of the Phazer GT’s naked front end design, the A-arms need to be longer than even the second generation design found on the Deltabox™ II chassis models. The Phazer GT also features lightweight extruded aluminum spindles.
- Wide handlebars: To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece unhooked handlebar is standard on the Phazer GT. The grips have 10-position adjustable warmers.
- Integrated chaincase with magnesium cover: The FX Chassis has the chaincase cast right into the frame member, and has a magnesium cover plate that forms the seal to keep the oil in. This trick piece of technology is a highlight of the goal to simplify the sled and minimize weight. Riders will appreciate the low overall weight on the Phazer GT and its amazingly nimble handling as a result.
- CF die cast construction: Yamaha’s Controlled Flow casting technique is used for many of the structural pieces on the chassis. The CF process draws the molten metal into the mold under a vacuum, reducing the formation of air bubbles in the material. As a result, pieces can be made much thinner and still deliver the strength characteristics of a conventionally-cast, thicker piece.
- Dual Shock® rear suspension: The Phazer GT uses a Dual Shock rear suspension with a pair of KYB® gas cell shocks. The FX Chassis uses a narrow track and the skidframe is accordingly narrower. The suspension offers a number of unique features, in addition to the narrowness. The carrier wheels on the rear upper cross shaft are oversized to improve their efficiency and reduce friction as compared to a small wheel design. The rear mount is built with a cantilever system to allow the track tension to remain consistent through the compression travel. The rear arm has coupling blocks. The front lower shock mount is on a cam to increase the shock rate through its travel.
- GYTR® dual-clicker front shocks: Lightweight premium GYTR dual-clicker shocks offer riders the highest level of tunability on the market with 12 clicks of compression AND 20 clicks of rebound damping. Large, glove-friendly knobs make adjustments easy. The piggyback reservoir gives the shock increased fade resistance in periods of intense use.
- New wheels with removable bearings: New replaceable bearing wheels makes maintenance easy and cheap, while the 6 spoke design adds to the visual appeal of the already super cool looking Phazer. This new design will be implemented on the rear large wheels only.
- Tall, narrow YZ®-style seat: The tall, narrow seat is an integral element in the sport rider-forward position on the Phazer GT. It helps put the rider in the best possible location for aggressive or casual riding. The narrowness of the seat enhances the Phazer GT’s overall lightweight feel on the trail.
- Standard electric start and push-button Electric Shift reverse: Yamaha’s electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their Phazer GT with a turn of the key. The engine’s decompression system lightens the load required to turn the engine over, allowing a small, light battery to be used. Yamaha’s Electric Shift reverse system lets users shift the sled into, and out of, reverse with the touch of a button on the digital gauge.
- Digital gauge: The digital gauge displays key information at a glance. Vehicle speed is displayed on a large LCD readout. In addition, the rider can select tachometer, odometer or tripmeter data to appear on the secondary readout. The gauge also displays system warning lights, fuel level, and warmer intensity. The right hand side of the gauge has the push button for the Electric Shift reverse system.
- Concentrated hand warmers: These hand warmers have a concentrated element design, which focuses the heat in the middle of the grip material. The result is a warm grip for your hand’s most comfortable riding position. In addition, an insulator is placed between the heating element and handlebar to retain heat longer and more efficiently than previous designs.
- Type / Displacement / cc: Four-stroke, 499cc
- Cylinders: Two
- Cooling: Liquid
- Bore & Stroke / mm: 77 x 53.6
- Intake Design: 3 Valves
- Ignition: Digital T.C.I. w/throttle position sensor
- Fuel Delivery: 2 x 43 mm fuel injection
- Exhaust: 2 valves, rear exhaust
- Clutch / Transmission: YVRC, variable ratio
- Disc. Brake Type: 2-piston hydraulic w/ lightweight ventilated disc
- Front Suspension: Independent, double wishbone
- Front Shocks: 40 mm GYTR® dual-clicker HPG
- Front Travel / in.: 7.8 in
- Ski Type: Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Carbide Ski Runners: Standard
- Stabilizer Bar: Standard
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock®
- Rear Shocks: 36mm HPG / 36mm HPG
- Rear Travel / in.: 16.2 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Hacksaw™
- Overall Length / in.: 111 in
- Overall Height / in.: 52.7 in
- Track/Width x Length x Height / in.: 14 in x 121 in x 1.0 in
- Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.) in.: 42.5 in
- Fuel Capacity / Gal.: 7.0 gal
- Fuel Type: Regular unleaded
- Oil Capacity / Qts.: 3, dry sump
- Engine Oil Type: Yamalube 4, 0w-30, Cold Weather Formula
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Windshield Height: Tall
- Seating Capacity: One
- Tunnel Protectors: Optional
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen X 2
- High Beam Indicator: Standard
- Oil & Temp Light: Standard
- Fuel Gauge Type: Electric (LCD), low fuel warning light
- Speedometer: Standard (LCD, digital)
- Odometer: Standard (LCD display)
- Tripmeter: Standard, dual (large LCD display)
- Tachometer: Standard (LCD display)
- DC Outlet: Optional
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Sport Performance 4-stroke engine: Lightweight, dependable and fun, the Sport Performance engine’s high tech design puts down sport horsepower-class performance on the trail and off. Powering in the distinctive Phazer family of sleds, this 2-cylinder engine is quick-revving and very torquey for sporty acceleration. The advanced fuel injection system automatically keeps it running at maximum output and fuel efficiency for the conditions.
- Advanced fuel injection: The Sport Performance engine uses an advanced fuel injection system to control fuel flow to the engine. Consumers will enjoy the engine’s spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system.
- Lightweight, counterbalanced crankshaft: The Sport Performance engine’s crankshaft is designed to be light weight, responsive and durable. The lightweight, counterbalanced crankshaft delivers super-crisp throttle response and quick acceleration. It also helps mitigate the vibration inherent in a 2-cylinder engine.
- Lightweight, rear-exiting exhaust: The exhaust from the Sport Performance engine is routed out the rear of the sled, similar to the other Genesis 4-stroke engine packages. The rear exiting exhaust design serves three purposes. First, it keeps the exhaust heat out of the engine bay to allow a super-compact design. Second, it allows the engine to breathe more efficiently through a cooled exhaust pipe. Finally, it helps to balance the overall sled package, giving the Phazer GT its amazingly nimble handling.
- 14 x 121 x 1-inch Camoplast® Hacksaw™ track: The Phazer GT uses a 14-inch wide Camoplast® Hacksaw™ track with 1-inch lugs. The track design is lighter than a traditional 15-inch design for performance and handling. It also allows the tunnel to be narrower to contribute to the sled’s ergonomics.
- Radiator and front extrusion: In order to generate consistently-strong engine performance, all Sport Performance engine sleds feature a small radiator on the right hand side of the engine cab and a front extrusion. The use of a small radiator improves the sled’s cooling system function, which means greater engine durability. It also enhances the sled’s handling by relocating the mass of a rear heat exchanger up to the central portion of the sled.
- Oil Pressure Sensing System: The Phazer GT is fitted with an oil pressure sensing system. If the oil pressure drops while riding, the ignition and fuel supply is controlled to limit the engine’s rpm and reduce the load on the engine. If necessary the system will stop the engine.
- Engine Type
- 499 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 77 x 53.6 mm
- Engine Cooling
- 2 x 43 mm fuel injection
- Digital T.C.I. w/throttle position sensor
- 2 valves, rear exhaust
- Brake Type
- 2-piston hydraulic w/ lightweight ventilated disc
- Drive Clutch
- YVRC, variable ratio
- Front Suspension
- Independent, double wishbone
- Front Travel
- 7.8 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Dual Shock®
- Rear Travel
- 16.2 in.
- Ski Type
- Lightweight plastic, saddleless design
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in.
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Hacksaw™
- Track Dimensions
- 14 in. x 121 in. x 1.0 in.
- Standard: LCD digital
- Standard: LCD display
- Standard: LCD display
- 60/55W Halogen x 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 7 gal.
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers