Inventory Unit Detail
2009 Kawasaki VULCAN 900 CLASSIC
VULCAN 900 CLASSIC
903cc V-twin SOHC Engine
- Smooth and reliable engine tuned to deliver healthy dose of torque at low rpm
- Gear-driven balancer allows use of single pin crankshaft without excessive vibration
- Rubbermounted to reduce engine vibration at all speeds
Four-valve Cylinder Head
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow, creating more power and low-end torque
- Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
- Long intake tracts narrow near the combustion chamber to increase intake flow speed for more efficient filling, increased torque and better low-end response
Liquid and Air Cooling
- Finned cylinders and head and liquid cooling combination make for exceptional thermal control
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
- Automatic fan helps keep things cool
- Includes temperature warning light
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
- Maintains precise valve timing with maintenance
- Assures greater reliability
- Hidden from view to preserve the engine's clean, basic look
Dual Slash-Cut Mufflers
- Big slash-cut mufflers look great and contain emission reducing honeycomb catalyzers
Positive Neutral Finder
- Find neutral a shift pedal lift away from first gear, every time
Electronic Fuel Injection
- Superb performance and rideability thanks to dual throttle bodies with sub throttles
- The ECU controlled sub throttles are located behind the main throttle valve, allowing the DFI system to provide more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
- Fine-atomizing fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for optimal acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption
- Lower unsprung weight than shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action
- Efficiently transfers the power to the rear wheel
- Low maintenance and low noise
Double Cradle Frame
- Very rigid, large-diameter box section backbone allows a larger fuel tank, high stability and lightweight handling at low speeds
- Fork offset and frame geometry combine for light, low-effort handling at ultra-low speeds
- Long wheelbase contributes to highway stability
- Triangular swingarm has a hardtail appearance, but utilizes a single shock hidden beneath the seat
- Long and low chassis for minimal seat height, maximum visual impact
41mm Front Fork
- Excellent rigidity and 5.9 inches of travel
- 32 degrees rake angle offers excellent straight line manners
- Classic look with its wide fork pitch
- Both the 272mm front and 242mm rear rotors feature twin-piston calipers for great power and feel
Spoke Custom Wheels
- Chromed steel rims and spokes
- “Spool-style” polished aluminum front hub
Wide Rear Tire
- 180mm rear tire provides added stability while projecting a powerful image
- Wider tire than that found on most large-displacement cruisers
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
- Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
- Provides riders the crucial information at-a-glance
- Compact design matches the bike's clean look
Push-to-Cancel Turn Signals
- Push-to-Cancel Turn Signals
- No fumbling, just a simple push on the switch cancels the turn signals
- Robust, optically correct, acrylic plastic windscreen is shaped for smooth airflow
- Strong chrome plated steel supports enhance its cruiser style
- Adjustable height
- Carefully selected top grain cowhide with minimal flaws and deep dyed for a long-lived finish
- Slant top opening lid, with two 1.5-inch wide leather straps, chrome buckles and quick release fasteners
- Dual panel lid construction with embossed Vulcan logo detail
- Half-inch diameter chrome plated brass stud accents
- Metal reinforced upper edge so bags hold their shape
- Rolled and riveted lid minimizes water entry
Low Stepped Seat
- Ultra-low 26.8-inch seat height allows riders to easily plant both feet on the ground at stops
- Laid-back riding comfort for two
- Detailed with half-inch diameter chrome plated brass studs
- Classic tombstone shape
- Strong chrome plated steel supports
- Pad detailed with chrome plated brass studs
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, SOHC, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, V-Twin
- Displacement: 903cc / 55.1 cu.in.
- Bore and Stroke: 88 x 74.2 mm
- Maximum Torque: 58.2 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Fuel Injection: EFI with dual 34mm Keihin Throttle Bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Transmission: 5-Speed
- Final Drive: Belt
- Rake/Trail: 32°/6.3 in.
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Uni-Track® swingarm / 4.1 in.
- Front Tire Size: 130/90-16
- Rear Tire Size: 180/70-15
- Wheelbase: 64.8 in.
- Front Brake / Rear Brake: Single 272mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper / 242mm hydraulic disc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.3 gal.
- Seat Height: 26.8 in.
- Overall Length: 97.0 in.
- Overall Width: 39.6 in.
- Overall Height: 58.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 657.1 lbs.
- Color: Two Tone: Metallic Diablo Black / Candy Imperial Blue, Two Tone: Candy Diamond Red / Metallic Titanium, Two Tone: Metallic Titanium /Pearl Crystal White
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, SOHC, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, V-Twin
- 903 cc (55.1 cu.in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 x 74.2 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- EFI with dual 34 mm Keihin Throttle Bodies
- TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm hydraulic telescopic fork; Travel: 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Track® swingarm; Travel: 4.1 in.
- Front Brakes
- Single 272 mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 242 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 26.8 in.
- 6.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 657.1 lbs
- Final Drive
- Two Tone: Metallic Diablo Black / Candy Imperial Blue, Two Tone: Candy Diamond Red / Metallic Titanium, Two Tone: Metallic Titanium /Pearl Crystal White
- Standard: 12 months; Optional: Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months