Inventory Unit Detail
2008 Yamaha YZF-R6S
MIDDLEWEIGHT HIGH PERFORMANCE.
An incredible combination of power, performance and style make the R6S an outstanding do-it-all sportbike.
- Light weight, big horsepower, razor-sharp handling and a surprisingly comfortable cockpit make the R6S an outstanding do-it-all sportbike.
- Competition-bred suction-piston-type fuel injection with 38mm throttle bodies features short intake ports and a special vacuum-controlled intake system to ensure instant throttle response all the way up to the 15,500-rpm redline.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, 600cc liquid-cooled, DOHC 16-valve inline four-cylinder.
- Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- Compact slant-block engine design uses stacked gearbox shafts to create a balanced weight distribution.
- Ram-Air Induction System delivers cool, high-pressure air for optimal combustion and greater horsepower.
- Lightweight forged pistons on carburized connecting rods for superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass.
- Linerless, ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- Three-axis gearbox design stacks input/output shafts to keep overall engine size to super-compact dimensions.
- Curved radiator follows the contour of the frame and bodywork for an ultra-sleek look and excellent cooling performance.
- One-piece cylinder and crankcase assembly provides superior engine rigidity and light weight.
- Compact, large-capacity clutch delivers consistent, fade-free performance.
- Large-capacity water pump, liquid-cooled oil cooler and twin ring-type radiator fans ensure optimal engine cooling efficiency.
- Four-into-two-into-one aluminum exhaust optimizes engine performance, reduces overall weight and tucks in high for maximum lean angle.
- Light and carefully tuned Deltabox III frame and Controlled-Fill swingarm are key to the R6S' class-leading handling performance and feel.
- Fully adjustable 43mm fork reinforces R6S' main strength: precise handling. Forged lower triple clamp also increases rigidity.
- Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock with 4.7” of travel delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Removable CF die cast rear subframe is light and strong.
- Super-light five-spoke 17-inch wheels reduce unsprung weight; a special casting technique makes the rim section light, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Light, 298mm front brake discs, four-piston calipers and radial master cylinder provide unsurpassed braking power and feel.
- Durable, lightweight, aluminum clip-on bars provide optimal vibration damping.
- Narrow 4.5-gallon fuel tank provides excellent rider ergonomics and aggressive seating position.
- Multifunction digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high-beam, low-fuel and turn signals.
- Dual Gatling beam 60-/55-watt multi-reflector headlight features a sleek profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
- Dual LED taillight design provides excellent visibility and a sleek profile.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
- Engine Type: 600cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 65.5mm x 44.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.4:1
- Carburetion: Fuel Injection
- Ignition: Digital DC-CDI
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension/Front: 43mm fork; fully adjustable, 4.7-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; fully adjustable, 4.7-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual 298mm floating disc, 4-piston calipers
- Brakes/Rear: 220mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Tires/Front: 120/60-ZR17
- Tires/Rear: 180/55-ZR17
- Length: 79.7 in
- Width: 27.1 in
- Height: 42.9 in
- Seat Height: 32.3 in
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24.0°
- Trail: 3.4 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal
- Dry Weight: 357 lb (CA 359 lb)
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Colors: Team Yamaha Blue, Raven
NOTES:Price and specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner's Manual and all labels before operation.
- Engine Type
- Inline 4-Cylinder, DOHC, 16 Valve
- 600 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 65.5 x 44.5m
- Liquid cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection
- Digital DC-CDI
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm fork; fully adjustable: Travel: 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; fully adjustable; Travel: 4.7 in.
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310 mm floating disc, 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 220 mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in.
- 3.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal
- Dry Weight
- 357 lbs (CA 359 lbs)
- 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue, Raven (Metallic Black)
- 1 Year Limited Warranty